Sunday, April 14, 2013

Appointments

We've just returned from a quick trip out to Vancouver for our regular check-up with Aedan's doctors. The appointment went really well. Aedan's A1C hasn't really changed since our last appointment 6 months ago: he is still in a non-diabetic range, which means we're managing his blood sugar really well. I've noticed myself that he seems to be in a much tighter range lately, so that means the 5 mg of Glyburide spread over 3 doses a day is working great. We picked up a new blood-glucose meter, one that uses a much smaller sample than what we've got now, set an appointment for 6 months from now, and we were free to enjoy the rest of the day in Vancouver.

Vancouver was absolutely beautiful, warm and sunny, with lots of flowers blooming. The air smelled of damp earth, cut grass, and green things unfolding. We had lunch on Granville Island, and then watched Aedan play in the park. I have to say, it wasn't easy to come home knowing we're still a month and a half away from weather like that!

On our way back through Whitehorse, I met with my midwife, Christina. That appointment also went really well. We talked about my low energy and decided I should start taking an iron supplement: I'm using Floradix. I told her about the headaches I've been having, and she said the iron supplement might help with that, as might getting more exercise and fresh air. She gave me the name of a chiropractor in Whitehorse, so I might book an appointment with her for my next visit. She confirmed that I seem to be about 14+ weeks pregnant, judging by where my uterus was sitting, and then we listened for the baby's heartbeat! It was so good to hear that pulse; it makes things seem more real to me.

Not the most thrilling or lyrical update, but an important one nonetheless. Enjoy your Sunday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to read and comment.