Friday, February 3, 2012

False Spring

Wednesday evening, a warm south wind began to blow. The trees swayed, black against the darkening sky, and the snow flew off in heavy clumps. The warm wind blew through the night, and by Thursday morning, the thermometer on our porch read -2 C. 

-2 C !!

At dawn, I put on a few light layers, bundled Aedan into his parka and slipped him into the Ergo carrier, strapped on my snow shoes and took out through the woods with the dogs. It was a beautiful morning, and the sky was mostly clear. Breathing in the moist air, I could almost let myself believe that this was the beginning of the end of winter.

But alas, I know it is not. 

Excited Suzie!














Doggies on the trail.









Pete and Suzie, back at the house.


It's still warm today, though, -1 C by our thermometer. Vehicles start without being plugged in. The house is so warm I'm wearing a t-shirt without a sweater. I don't dread a trip to the outhouse. I feel so spoiled!

It's supposed to remain mild for another 4 or 5 days anyway, so I'll enjoy it while it lasts! 

(and I promise soon to post about something other than the weather!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Thanks for taking the time to read and comment.